While I sit here trying to think of all the things I need to say, I wonder where I should even start... First thank you all for showing up to our Open House! It was so fun getting to meet so many people and visit with everyone. Now, please don't expect me to remember you again. I am great with faces but putting names with them is another thing entirely, It usually takes me a few times, but Zoey, she will probably remember everyone, gotta love that girl!
Ok so here it goes, Warning this may get a little lengthy, but, I am going to cover everything that was said to many of you at the open house but for those that didn't get the talk or couldn't make it, here it is:
1. We are looking at a charter bus trip to the AQS in Des Moines on Thursday September 15th,
we would have 2-3 pickups. Leave at 8:00 am from Emmetsburg, then to Mallard, and Pocahontas, then traveling to HyVee Hall for the event. For those that have never been, it is something! They have not been there for maybe 5-7 years and it is a vending haven of all things sewing, some crafting, machines, some clothing, and pretty much anything you could want. Full day of dreaminess..😊 I would have to have 56 to even consider and then we would proceed to finalize the details. It figured at around $93.00 per person if I had 56 and that would also include the entrance fee for the show. I have about 30 days before that quote is not valid anymore and with the fuel prices what they are, and rising, I am expecting it to be a lot higher if I don't lock this quote in. So with that being said if you could let me know if you would be willing to commit to that date, I could get that ball rolling. Even if you signed up at the open house please drop a message back to me.
2. We are doing 2 Cuddle classes via ZOOM. The first one is an Infinity Scarf. It is on Sunday March 27th, from 1-3. You can do this from your home or you can come here to sew it, I am limited in spacing so let me know. The 2nd class is a Throw Blanket. It says 2 - 2 yard cuts of cuddle, to make a throw approximately 58 x 70. You wouldn't need to go that big, say if you wanted to do a baby size 1 yard of 2 different fabrics will get you 2 baby throws. Just an option. That class is on Wed April 6th at 6:00 p. m. via Zoom also. same thing as the infinity scarf you can sew here that night if you would like, but again I am limited for spacing so first come first seating. I have selections of 2 yard cuts plus some scarf ones for the classes. If you purchase from me the class is free if you already have the cuddle the class is $10.00. I would email the link the day before the class.The Shannon presenter will go over all the things you need such as stretch needle size 90/14, pins and a walking foot is also very helpful.
3. The next class we are doing is A twisted 9 patch by Eleanor Burns Quilt in a day, I was hoping
to get this scheduled on the calendar for March, and we had such a huge list of interest it may be that we have to do it elsewhere I am checking into a couple places so that is something I can't give dates on until I know I can get a location to have everyone. Again I have the list of those that want to do the class and those that just wanted the pattern so if there is anyone else that wants in let me know ASAP. I will get everyone the dates as soon as I hear back.
We are getting lots of response on the live videos I make Zoey do. 😊 So we will be doing them weekly on facebook every Thursday, I may even get up the courage to step in front of the camera. They will feature the things we received in during the week and keep you updated on anything else going on. If you haven't followed us on the social media platforms we are on Instagram: Iowa and Facebook: Clover Cottage.
4. "It's A Sewcial Thing" is officially getting kicked off The 4th Monday of every month starting April 25th.
For those that haven't heard it is a monthly meet and greet among the crafting community. We will do lots of things here, show and tell, tips and tricks, community projects, guest speakers, learning new techniques, etc... We will be having 2 meeting times, the morning session is at 10:00-11:00 and the night session is 6:30-7:30. We did a little trial run with some sweatshirts and they went really well and I have more coming in. If you want to sign up for "It's a Sewcial Thing" stop in to the store or drop us a message.There will be a yearly fee of $15.00 to join this group. We are really excited and looking forward to it.
5. Last thing, The ALL IOWA SHOP HOP magazines and fabric should be arriving soon I will contact everyone that has pre-ordered a magazine as soon as they come in. If you didn't sign up for one and would like one let us know.
Ok, I think that is all I have for now. We have lots of things coming into the store now so check the live feeds each week on Thursday to see whats new. If you love what you are seeing please leave us a review. Each review helps spread the word about us, and move us up in the cyber world.
Happy Stitching Everyone
The Gang at Clover Cottage